(Swahili for Friends)
You see them crossing the finish linewith arms raised. Now train side by sidewith these marathon champions,discover their secrets,and sample a Kenyan meal!
We will cover a lot in one week, and those brave enough to attend will be treated to an intense, exhausting, and inspirational running experience. Camp Marafiki gives you the opportunity to experience a typical week of training with the world’s best. We don’t guarantee future success, and we don’t plan on giving out ALL our secrets. What we do hope is to instill valuable techniques that you will be able to incorporate into your own training and make you a better runner.
Training sessions will take place once or twice daily at elevations between 7,000 and 12,000 feet. A midweek sightseeing tour of the surrounding lands will offer runners the opportunity to experience the grandeur of Northern New Mexico’s arresting beauty.
Dates: July 28-August 4, 2013
What do you get for signing up?
- Welcome dinner and reception
- Camp Marafiki sports apparel including T-shirt and singlet
- Training sessions and lectures
- Notebook with all lecture handouts
- Transportation to all training sites and airport transfer from Albuquerque*
- Sports Bag
- Daily breakfast and refreshments
- Midweek sightseeing trip
- Kenyan banquet (prepared by the athletes!)
- Group PhotographPrized technical tee-shirt (of course)
- One year membership in the Santa Fe Road Runners Club (now every time you are in Santa Fe or Albuquerque you’ll be able to run with us!
* Free airport transfer provided only if arriving Sunday, July 28 and departing Sunday, August 4, 2013. Please notify us in advance of other arrival/departure dates so we can arrange for your transport. Additional one way cost of shuttle from Albuquerque to Santa Fe is approximately $25.